Built on a foundation of caring, our history dates back to 1903 when Mother Mary Bernard Sheridan and the Sisters of St. Joseph first brought healthcare to the region to serve the needs of coal miners and their families. Since our humble beginnings in 1997 as an outreach of Mt. Carmel hospital we have transformed from a makeshift clinic on the second floor of a former elementary school into a comprehensive healthcare system providing high quality care to more than 40,000 patients.
Today, with more than 300 staff members and 11 locations throughout the region, we are making Our Communities happier, healthier and more prosperous places to live and raise a family. Through it all, we remain committed to carrying on Mother Sheridan’s legacy of hope.